This sunday I will spent the evening with Dutch fashion designers Viktor and Rolf. I will wear my pyjamas, make myself a cup of hot chocolate ( the weather is horrible here, so I think I’m allowed to drink hot chocolate in the middle of the summer), and turn on the tv.
There’s a Dutch tv-show called “Zomergasten” (Summer Guests). Every sunday evening there will be a different guest, and that guest can decide what (fragments of) tv-programs and movies he or she wants to see. This sunday Viktor and Rolf are the guests.
What to expect:
- “Neues vom Kleidermarkt”: a German tv-programm about fashion;
- “De Vierde Man”: a Dutch movie from director Paul Verhoeven (1983);
- “Ludwig”: an Italian movie from Luchino Visconti (1972) with legendary actress Romy Schneider;
- “The Hours”: a British/American movie from director Stephen Daldry (2002) with Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore;
- The documentary “In and Out of Fashion” by William Klein, with fragments of a young Yves Saint Laurent;
- Fragments from dancing scenes from Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers (“Top Hat”, 1935);
- Fragments from MTV “Made”.
The evening will end with the movie “Maurice” from director James Ivory (1987), with Hugh Grant in his first major film roll. The movie is set in England in the early 20th century, so expect a lot of impressive costumes.
And ofcourse the host of the show will be interviewing Viktor and Rolf.
Sunday the 26th of July, VPRO Nederland 2, 20.12 h CET.